During the madness that is Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week there are usually a ton of celebrities on hand supporting the designers for their shows. But today well today would be special.
By far my favorite celeb sighting came right after the DVF show on a very rainy day in New York. I was one of the first people out the door once the fashion show was over but as I would find out in a moment I wasn’t the only one… To my star struck eyes I turn-around and BAM there is ‘Grace Coddington,’ Creative Director of American Vogue magazine at the top of the steps — Alone with no Wintour on hand.
Dressed in all black to the DVF show she stood out with her signature bright hair even in this utterly dreadful rainy day. Quick as whip I pulled out my camera (OMG TMZ moment) but not often do you get to see or even meet someone you truly admire. Just like that “snap…snap” and I was able to capture a fashion icon moment.
Grace Coddington 5 Did You Knows…
- A British model – she won a Vogue modeling contest at the age of 18
- Guest on the Martha Stewart for the ‘Crazy cat lady’ episode
- Published book ‘The Catwalk Cats’ in 2006
- British Vogue’s editor, Beatrix Miller hired her as Junior Editor
- Graced the cover of August & September UK Vogue in 1962
Photos courtesy of: Charity buzz & Modsixities